A simple API for SwissMetNet data
OpenData SMN is a simple REST API for SwissMetNet data, developed by Marcel Stör. The actual data for 10min intervals is provided by opendata.swiss, the Swiss open government data portal. The API supports plain JSON and GeoJSON.
The SMN data is made available to the public under the Open Government Data initiative. However, it's provided as a simple text file you must download from "the cloud". Reusing or integrating data that way is cumbersome.
OpenData SMN does the plumbing (downloading, processing, caching, etc.) for you and serves the data over a nicely abstracted API.
- open-source software project at GitHub
- Java implementation based on Dropwizard
- fully automated and executable API documentation with Swagger
- fully CORS-compliant for easy front-end integration
- GeoJSON supported through
Acceptheader content negotiation
T: +41 44 297 55 55